Summits & Institutes
Over the past decade, the Peakinsight team has organized a variety of local and global events including summits, institutes, and community dialogues. We started by hosting peer circles for local leaders in support of Meg Wheatley's From the Four Directions global initiative. We convened a Leadership for Sustainability conference in 2004, followed by a Sustainability Quest in 2006. We used Appreciative Inquiry to facilitate a series of community workshops to develop a grassroots vision and values for Southwest Colorado.
Our first GLOBAL ASSESSMENT SUMMIT was held in 2010. A total of 32 global assessment vendors participated in the summit and/or the benchmarking survey. The second summit will be held in Pittsburgh, PA on March 7-8, 2013. Attendance is by invitation only.
Once again the purpose of the summit is to encourage the sharing of best practices to improve how various types of assessments are designed and implemented globally, across many different cultures. The summit is organized as a series of open dialogues to foster curiosity, constructive intereaction and creative problem-solving among participants. By inviting a wide cross-section of firms operating in the global assessment space, participants will bring diverse researh, consulting and cross-cultural perspectives and experiences to those conversations.
The 2010 benchmarking survey incorporated many types of questions about the practice of global assessment (e.g., trends in assessment and certification; hiring and training assessment staff; cross-cultural assessment; translation and localization; norms and calibration; use of technology). The 2013 version will include additional questions focused on global leadership assessment and development.
Contact us if you want to learn more about the possibility of participating in the 2013 summit and/or completing the benchmarking survey.
See below for information about our 2006 sustainability institute.
PEOPLE CHANGING THEIR WORLD® 2006
Sustainability Quest: The Journey to Sustain Ourselves, Our Organizations,
and Our Communities
October 28-29, 2006
Fort Lewis College, Durango, Colorado
Peakinsight LLC is pleased to announce our third annual “People Changing Their World” event. We want to impact the ideas, dialogue, and actions taken today to ensure a future that is both sustainable and equitable for generations to come.
Our 2006 fall institute will address sustainability at multiple levels: personal, professional, organizational, and community. Participants will examine their own ecological footprint and share best practices for changing lifestyle and consumption patterns. We will examine how several different companies and communities are addressing sustainability issues. We will explore ways to influence and shape the strategic direction of our organizations, and identify places where we can intervene in community affairs.
We are not acting alone in this work. People are working around the world to bring sustainable practices into their communities. Participants will share stories about activities in their own regions – and hear about what is happening in places such as Las Gaviotas (a model community in
Great change requires multiple levels of involvement, commitment, and most of all: Action! We invite you to join the Sustainability Quest, to contribute what is working in your own life and be inspired by what others are doing.
Our learning journey will focus on the following 3 themes:
(1) Quest for Personal Sustainability:
- "A Quest for Sustainability Beginning with Human Development"
- "Making Local Choices for Food, Transportation, Housing and Energy"
(2) Quest for Organizational Sustainability:
- "Using Systems Thinking in Our Work"
- Nike case: "Sustainable Manufacturing Takes a Village"
- Wal-Mart case: "Business vs. Community Show-Down"
(3) Quest for Community Sustainability:
- "Using Appreciative Inquiry for Community Visioning"
- "Disaster Recovery on the Gulf Coast"
The institute will begin at 8:30am on Saturday, October 28. It will officially end at 5pm on Sunday, October 29. While the event will include some presentations, the major format will be small-group discussions. Participants will grapple with issues in their own personal/professional lives and communities - and develop keener insight about available options (as well as tools) for change.
- Environmental leaders seeking to address sustainability from multiple perspectives
- Managers wanting to better understand sustainability issues and how change can be implemented
- Change agents working to shift organizations onto a more sustainable path
- Community organizers involved in building more sustainable communities
- Anyone wanting to be part of a dialogue about creating a more sustainable world
What will you take away?
- Best practices for living more sustainably in a world dominated by consumption.
- Case studies to help you evaluate sustainability efforts in your own organization.
- Tools for implementing sustainability in your own community.
- Storytelling and experiential activities that will inspire your imagination.
- Opportunities for networking and collaboration to help you sustain momentum after leaving the event.
The institute fee is $145. This does not include transportation or lodging. You can register for the entire institute ($145), for Saturday only ($90), or Sunday only ($55).
Please register early to reserve your place. We are organizing a virtual dialogue for participants to start networking online before the event begins. Most activities will be held in the Student Memorial Lounge at the
Choose from four easy ways to register:
- Use our on-line, secure service for immediate registration.
- Download and mail registration form with your check.
- Download and fax registration form to 970-247-1182 with your credit card information.
- Call 970-247-1180 to register by phone.
If you do not have a copy of the Adobe Reader for viewing and printing PDF files, you can download a free version at www.adobe.com.
Download Registration PDF: Registration Form to Fax or MailBack to Top
The Leland House Bed & Breakfast Suites is one of Durango's Green Hotels and is offering a special rate of $89 per night (queen) / $99 per night (king) for our conference. Call their reservation department at 1-800-664-1920 to make your own reservation. Be sure to request the Peakinsight group rate. A full gourmet continental breakfast is included.
For other Durango area lodging choices, go to www.durango.org.